6. How to order special Moodle accounts?
You can order special Moodle accounts to TUNI Moodle for external users.
- Special Moodle accounts can be ordered by Tampere universities staff members
- There has to be a justified reason for the order: e.g. training event with external users as participants
- Special Moodle accounts are free of charge
- Special Moodle accounts are time-limited
- Special Moodle accounts can be ordered only for real persons who do not have any other account that can be used to login to TUNI Moodle
- Users with user account of another Finnish University can login to TUNI Moodle through HAKA login. Do not order an additional special Moodle account for these users.
- Consider if actual TUNI accounts are needed instead. Users will need TUNI account to access other Tampere universities electronic services.
- Special Moodle accounts cannot be merged with TUNI account later, so new employees should always wait for their actual TUNI accounts to be activated.
- Special Moodle accounts will be emailed to the user automatically when the account is created. Account creation or sending the email cannot be scheduled or postponed.
- Orders are generally processed within five working days (excluding holiday periods).
Order special Moodle accounts
You do not have to enable macros in this file, macros are needed only by IT Helpdesk.
- User's email address: Note that users with user account of another Finnish University can login to TUNI Moodle through HAKA login. Do not order an additional special Moodle account for these users.
- User's last name
- User's first name
- Default Moodle user interface language (Finnish or English)
- Responsible person (email address): For example your own email or other responsible person's email
- Account end date: If left empty, user account will be active one year. If user account has been inactive over one year, user account will be deleted.
- Course short name: If user should be added to course, check exact course short name from course settings
- User's role in course (if course short name is provided): student, teacher or non-editing teacher
Save and send this file
Send the file filled with user details to IT Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org