4. Quick guide for teachers
4.2. Sisu and TUNI Moodle
For now, new TUNI Moodle course are created only once per day (batch processing starts 02:00). In the future this will be improved.
Create new TUNI Moodle course for Sisu implementation
- Login to Sisu: https://tuni.fi/sisu
- Select implementation from Sisu
- Implementation information -tab > Classification
- Learning management system: Order for this implementation > Add > Select "TUNI Moodle"
New TUNI Moodle course will be created to "Course implementations - TAU" category during next night (batch processing starts 02:00) "TUNI Moodle" classification has been added if all the following conditions are matched:
- Implementation end date is in future in Sisu (implementation is ongoing or has not started yet)
- Implementation has at least one responsible teacher or teacher in Sisu
- Implementation language is set in Sisu
- Implementation name and name specifier are set in the same language as implementation language in Sisu
- Implementation is connected to course that has course code in Sisu
After the TUNI Moodle course has been created, all responsible teachers and teachers will also get an email notification about the new TUNI Moodle course.
All responsible teachers and teachers will be added automatically as teachers to the new TUNI Moodle course.
TUNI Moodle course name and link to the course are visible in Sisu implementation information: Description > Learning environments
You can create one TUNI Moodle course for one Sisu implementation in Sisu. If you need more TUNI Moodle courses, you can create additional courses manually to "Other" category. Note that you must invite students to these courses with enrolment key or add students manually.
Copy content from old course to the new course
If needed, you can copy content from your old existing TUNI Moodle course to the new empty TUNI Moodle course: Copy course (import)
Add more teachers later
If you add more responsible teachers or teachers in Sisu to the implementation, these users will be added automatically to TUNI Moodle course during next night (batch processing starts 02:00).
Remove teachers later
If you remove responsible teachers or teachers in Sisu from the implementation, these users will not be removed from TUNI Moodle course or user roles will not be changed. This logic ensures that it's also possible to add teachers to TUNI Moodle courses directly from TUNI Moodle without Sisu (e.g. external users, not member of the Tampere University)
If teacher has been added to TUNI Moodle course from Sisu and afterwards teacher needs to be removed: Remove teacher first from Sisu implementation and then remove the teacher from TUNI Moodle course area or change role to student or non-editing teacher.
Delete course later
If TUNI Moodle course created from Sisu is not needed:
- Remove "TUNI Moodle" classification from Sisu implementation
- Delete course from TUNI Moodle
Coming later in the summer of 2020: Enrol students automatically to TUNI Moodle courses created in Sisu
Sisu - TUNI Moodle -integration second phase will be implemented in the summer 2020: Students enrolled for the implementation in Sisu will be enrolled automatically to the TUNI Moodle course if the course has been created in Sisu. In addition, if student cancels enrolment in Sisu, the student will be unenrolled automatically also from TUNI Moodle course.